Friday, July 22, 2016

Former Justice Undersecretary Reveals Photo of Senator De Lima Along With a High Profile Inmate!

Senator Leila De Lima has been receiving a lot of heat and flak as of late, and this time Solgen Calida, former justice undersecretary of Congresswoman and former president Gloria Macapagal Arroy.
He revealed a photo which shows Senator De Lima with high-profile Bilibid prison inmate Jaybee Sebastian.

Calida revealed the photo showing De Lima being accompanied by maximum security along with inmate Jaybee Sebastian. The former DOJ Secretary's name has been dragged into the conversation of being involved with drugs lately. Despite the accusations, De Lima denied these and said that people are trying to tarnish her name and reputation.

Here is De Lima's statement on the latest photo revealed by Calida:
I denounce in the highest possible terms this latest demolition job linking me to maximum security inmate Jaybee Sebastian or to any convicted or suspected drug lord or operator now or in the past. I categorically deny any insinuation of me extending any protection or accommodation to any criminal. My personal and professional records would belie all accusations hurled against me. Which are obviously intended to malign my good name and reputation and to undermine the performance of my lawful duties as senator,"conduct meetings, and/or attend events or activities with all kinds of people in pursuance of official duties, similar to the much publicized meeting or encounter between PNP Director General Ronald de la Rosa and several convicts like Helbert Colangco, Peter Co, and Jaybee Sebastian.
That one meeting which was covered by the media at the premises of the National Bilibid Prison was also attended by other top officials of the DOJ, including the heads of attached agencies and BuCor officials. At the sideline of the event, the ManCom members mingled with some inmates during certain activities on the same day as part of the reformatory program of BuCor. It is most likely where the photograph was taken and is now being shown by Calida out of context. May I suggest Calida to stop his fixation or Throwback Thursday photos of me, and instead just start doing his real job of reading the 501-page decision on the West Philippine Sea case," "You will be frustrated," she said. While I have been patient with the attacks, I will never be intimidated. Rather. I will remain steadfast in fulfilling my sworn duty as Senator to uphold the Constitution and human rights.